Search This Blog

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Long Weekend Ramblings

kate-middleton-8-660 

 

Happy Canada Day!

 

Yes, I know it was yesterday but better late than never. I spent it doing some weeding and watching the festivities in Ottawa. I am something of an Anglophile so I totally love Kate (or should I be calling her Catherine?) and Wills. Her maple leaf fascinator was also totally adorable, but I wonder how it manages to stay on.

 

002

 

I was walking home from work the other day in the blazing heat when I spotted a little baby groundhog taking a siesta underneath a bush. I whipped out my iPod camera to capture the cuteness; I think the lady behind me though that I was nuts.

 

008

 

Sometimes, when I am having a rough day at work, I flip through my calendar of cute dogs and try to focus on the cuteness so as to decompress.

 

IMG_0595

 

Why must heirloom tomatoes be so expensive? Those four tomatoes cost almost 6 bucks. And it’s summer here! Ouch. Want to see what 125 dollars worth of groceries looks like?

 

IMG_0594

 

(Ignore the gigantic container of olive oil)

 

IMG_0593

IMG_0592 

 

And this was a cheap week. I’m always amazed when I read other blogs and see that people only spend 75$ a week on food. Usually we average 175$-225$. I might not envy the American health care system, but I sure would love to have their food prices!

1 comment: