Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Toys

IMG_0294

 

Amazon.ca is my crack. I am pretty sure that I own more cookbooks/nutrition books than my local library. I’ve been waiting for these two books for a few weeks since they’ve been backordered on Amazon for a while. Crazy Sexy Diet is a diet/nutrition book based on a vegan diet. While I’ve tried the vegetarian thing and it just does not work for me, I think I could always use more veggies in my diet.

 

 

More than anything I love the author’s vibe. She is just so happy and positive. Sometimes eating well and exercising can seem like such a chore, but she presents it in such a fun way that you can’t help but feel good about making changes in your lifestyle. I’m about halfway through the book and I really like it.

 

image

 

Pretty Delicious is a cookbook by Candice Kumai and one of the few cookbooks that I have bought sight unseen. Usually before buying a cookbook I will go down to the bookstore, flip through it and then order it online. I stumbled on to the author’s blog and I really loved the look and feel and ordered the book. Sometimes healthy cookbooks are *boring*, everything is either steamed or raw, but this author really believes in eating good food. She has a bunch of recipes and videos on her website and is also on face book and posts all the time and responds to comments, which I think is pretty cool, that an author wants to interact with their readers.

 

I try to buy fitness and health magazines as a way to remain motivated, and as a reward to myself that doesn’t involve food.

 

IMG_0296 

 

And in random buys, in an effort to appear more ladylike (anyone who knows me in real life knows that I am completely indifferent to fashion), I am downsizing from my gigantic backpack to a more demure messenger bag. I have no idea why it has a slight purple cast here but it’s black. One of these days I’ll succeed in looking fully like an adult, although I still refuse to carry a purse and haven’t worn high heels in years. Am I the only one that hates them?

1 comment:

  1. I totally want Crazy Sexy Diet!! In fact I tried to buy it on Kindle (for iPhone) the other day but it's not available to Canadian consumers.

    Boo-urns!!! :o(

    Anywho, and I'll have to look into the other cookbook!

    ReplyDelete