Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Small Changes

021

One of my biggest problems when it comes to planning my meals is running out of food when I am work. I work in a section of downtown where there is pretty much nothing healthy for at least a block in every direction and only a convenience store in the building. In order to avoid the siren call of the chocolate bars in the vending machine I made a big tupperware of trail mix  last night and stashed it in my desk. I had a big bag of dried fruit which I cut into small pieces with scissors (easier than with a knife since they’re sticky) and then mixed them with soynuts (the husband is allergic to nuts, so no nuts in the house) and chocolate chips (because I can’t help myself). Sorry about the picture, it was taken with my iPod.

turbo-fire-chalean-johnson-workout-beachbody-turbofire

While I am working on eating better I am having a really hard time psyching myself up to start doing exercise. I look upon those who like to exercise as being slightly mad. I say that in the nicest way possible because for me it ranks down there with scrubbing my bathtub with a toothbrush. And I have a big bathtub. In an effort to make it more fun I asked for a bunch of Turbo Fire DVDs for Christmas. In case you don’t what they are they are the sequel to the Turbo Jam series, which is basically a kickboxing program. I don’t want to join a gym for various reasons and it is hard to walk outside without falling on my face so I’ve opted for working out at home.  I’m very busy over the next few days but I am planning to start working out this weekend. Until then I’m trying to think energetic thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hear how Turbo Fire goes! I looked at it and I thought it looked pretty good. But I've decided I'm not allowed to buy exercise DVDs for a while - considering I never finished P90X and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've hemmed and hawed about Turbo Fire! I can't decide between Turbo and Insanity. I don't know. I want to burn fat so I feel like Turbo Fire might be good for me. I love to workout, but it IS hard when you are trying to get into it after NOT. And congrats on making the trail mix! So smart and healthy. Yum. I was sent over via, Toronto Girl's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear friend, since you have been inactive for sooo long, I strongly advise you to start with walking and stretching. Forget the video for now - you are going to hurt yourself in no time - take it from someone that has been in shape most of her life and after a two months hiatus has started exercising again. And trust me - one to two hours of walking per day, will have a great impact on your waiste line...hey, but you do what you want (as always) :-ppp

    ReplyDelete
  4. TGW and Arsenal,

    I'm going to review Turbo Fire as I do the videos. So there will be some future blog posts on that.

    Alex,

    Well, I would. But considering that there is an inch of ice on the ground right now, the walking will have to wait for the spring. :P

    ReplyDelete