Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Waffles Make Everything Better

IMG_0280

I had to go get blood drawn yesterday so I was not a happy camper. I have anorexic little veins that nurses always have trouble finding and afterwards my arms resemble a pin cushion from all their attempts. Happily, the person who drew the blood was pretty good and she got it on the first try.

IMG_0278

I had to be fasting since midnight for the test and my appointment was at 10 am, so I was ravenous when I got home. I nuked some Belgian waffles that I had made and ate them with blueberries, a bit of mango, some Greek yogurt and maple syrup. We have Belgian waffles for breakfast every weekend. I make a big batch and then we just thaw them. I like mine soft so I just throw them in the microwave for 25 seconds on each side and they are perfect. Homemade waffles make the weekend a little more special.

IMG_0281

I also made some coffee to go along with breakfast.

IMG_0285

I did a Turbo Fire DVD last night. They all go into this cute little book, which creates much less clutter than having a bunch of DVD cases.

IMG_0284

So far this has been my favourite DVD. The music is great, no cheesy 80s instrumental workout music here, and you will get a great workout. The moves are easily modified for beginners and I didn’t have much trouble keeping up with the choreography.

IMG_0274

On other news, I’ve been working on a homemade version of Clif Bars. I’m getting close and I’ll post the recipe when I’ve perfected them.

Question: I’ve always struggled to find exercise that I find fun. What is the exercise you enjoy the most?

2 comments:

  1. That's a good looking breakfast - puts my sometimes copious servings of waffles to shame.

    Do you use a mix or a recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tired just looking at the picture of that girl...:). I've been slowly getting into pilates again, but I fell yesterday (first time this year!) and cut my hand on some gravel so its making the twisty-bendy parts of the movements pretty hard.

    ReplyDelete